Sunday 4 September 2016

Motivationless

"I am still at the beginning of my journey to good shape..." I keep kidding myself! Its been over 11 months since I gave birth to my Daughter. I keep cheating and finding excuses for my laziness. And when I look in the mirror I pretend its not that long since I had a baby... My motivation is at level ZERO. I need to get my ass of our ever so comfortable sofa and get moving! But I am so good at finding an excuse for skipping my training...




1. I can't workout, I have a little BABY

The worse excuse ever!!! A Baby should never be a reason why you can't do something. Doesn't matter if it is your training, running a business or cleaning the house. Imagine saying the same words when your child is 15 and they can understand a lot and will think "Mum didn't do stuff for herself because she had me"... Exactly! I would never ever want my Daughter to blame herself for my failure to achieve my goals.
Yes, it is hard to find time and to organise your life after the Baby! Yes, it is even harder when you are working or have more children! And yes, it is hard when you live abroad or are a single parent and don't have much support from family or friends. But it is not impossible and you only need to look around, on fb or Instagram to find lots of Mums - in the same/worse situation - that somehow manage to do those few exercises for themselves.
Yet I did use this excuse couple of times... I am really ashamed.


2. I am too BUSY.

We all know Mums do hundreds of jobs every day, most of the time you do few things at once just to get a bit closer to ticking off all the positions on your endless list. And we all know our job will be never done... But sometimes you have to prioritise and think about yourself. If you will be putting everyones needs in front of yours and adding housework as an extra you will most definitely end up feeling unhappy, sad and lonely. There is nothing wrong in leaving the pile of ironing for another day or cooking mega simple dinner so you find some time to get your dumbbells out.
Now it is easier said than done... For first few months of my maternity leave I thought I HAD TO DO ALL THE HOUSEWORK. And honestly, I got stressed if I didn't manage to do something. I thought I was happy when the house was clean and dinner was ready and I could relax in the evening knowing I've done everything. Never mind that I had to do it all over again the next day... After few months I was exhausted and sad, maybe even depressed? It took me a while to look at it in a different light. My partner was a great support here. He was the one to explain to me that nothing will happen if I won't do washing and ironing and that our pile of creased clothes won't take over our house ( that was the vision I had...). Suddenly it was a relief not to have a playing/cleaning/walking baby/cooking routine and do thing a little bit differently.


3. I am TIRED.

So is everyone else! I am not the only mum that feels knackered...
Anyway exercising makes you feel more energised and happier so it should be the first thing on my mind when I feel tired. Usually I try to skip it...


4. OTHER PEOPLE

Yes. Other people. Precisely those who tell me how good I look and how well I've done after having a Baby... Yes, its nice to hear it, but I've noticed the more prised I get the more training I miss... Stupid excuse, but I really use it.


5. TV AND SMARTPHONE.

Now this one should be right on top of the list... Before I even think about excuses why I shouldn't excise today, I spend X amount of hours watching breakfast tv and searching fb and Internet. If I would only spend all that time on training I would look like a pro! Sometimes I just think I should put both my tv and smartphone in the skip... Problem would be solved.



Soooo have I found a solution.....? YES! And it is mega simple! I found a great personal trainer on Facebook (all those hours spent on there did bring some benefits...). Let me introduce you to Aleksandra Rożnowska! She is a Mum like me, very busy, runs a home gym and a YouTube channel with FREE trainings. She recently started doing life trainings on Facebook. Aleksadra also creates events on Facebook where everyone interested can join and follow training programs as well as discuss their progress and issues with others. Its a great support group that will motivate you when you have a s*** day.
Its not easy-peasy, trainings can be hard, you will sweat your ass off. But on the other hand you get a lot of support and free training to do each day. What else you need? You just have to start!
Below you can find a link to Aleksandra's YouTube channel. All the trainings are in Polish, but you don't really need to translate exercises do you? ;-)
You can also find dozens of personal trainers and active mums on Instagram if you need more motivation!




So as you probably noticed all my 'problems' are in my head and not my body. I need to overpower the voice in my head that keeps telling me to sit down and do nothing... A late evening run, when everyone's gone to bed is a good moment to think about your every day struggles...



Have a Good Day!
A.



No comments:

Post a Comment